Albuquerque Quilt Show

TACAQuilt1 TACAquilt2 TACAquilt3

Route 66’s quilted gas stations!

Advertisements
Image | Posted on by | Leave a comment

TACA Board – January 2015

Taca board members Widdison and Graham TACA board members Diane Souder and Jerry Widdison TACA Board President Ann Carson

Some members at the monthly meeting in Board President Ann Carson’s beautifully restored Huning Highland home.  (Jerry Widdison, Chan Graham, Diane Souder and Ann Carson.)

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Fall on the Rio Grande at Alameda

Cottonwoods at high color along the Albuquerque reach of the Rio Grande near Alameda

Cottonwoods at high color along the Middle Rio Grande near Alameda, New Mexico   Photo by: Elizabeth Barraclough

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

The Preservation Station

The picturesque English cottage style service station was built by the Continental Oil Company (Conoco) in 1937. It was that same year that Route 66 was rerouted to an east-west alignment through Albuquerque. Conoco retained ownership until 1961 when the station became part of Horn Oil Company’s successful local chain. H.B. and Lucille Horn generously donated the station to TACA in 1997. It serves as the TACA office, meeting place and houses and extensive collection of publications related to historic preservation.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

TACA’S Preservation Station

TACA Preservation Station TACA Preservation Station2

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Historic Albuquerque: An Illustrated History

Historic Albuquerque: An Illustrated History

Cover art by Gale Waddell

Fred Harvey’s Alvarado Hotel. The rise and demise and of this and other Albuquerque landmarks are chronicled in this book, written by Carleen Lazzell and Melissa Payne.

Published by the Historical Publishing Network in 2007, copies are available for sale and all proceeds benefit TACA.  Email susjon7@netzero.net to reserve a copy.

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

Candelaria Road Story

Joe Sabatini will give an illustrated presentation on the history of businesses around the historic Route 66 intersection of 4th Street and Candelaria Road in Albuquerque on Wednesday, May 15th, 11:30 am at Los Griegos Family and Community Center, 1231 Candelaria Rd. NW

Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment